Cloud computing has been a game changer for the delivery of software solutions across many industries, resulting in exploding adoption levels of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). One SaaS provider that is a leader in leveraging cloud technologies to innovate in their sector and deliver value to their customers is Synergy Logistics with their warehouse management application, Snapfulfil , which is used in warehouses throughout Europe and the US.
Synergy Logistics was one of the first companies to recognise the potential of cloud technology as a platform for a best in breed warehouse management system. Online commerce meant their customers were experiencing a huge rise in the number of daily transactions and cloud infrastructure held the promise of providing the agility and flexibility needed to manage new logistics demands of next or same day delivery. However, not wanting to build and manage the cloud infrastructure themselves in order to focus on their core logistics competencies, Synergy sought a partnership with a cloud provider.
“We needed a provider that was cloud-savvy and could help us adapt to changing warehousing requirements – we didn’t just want cloud infrastructure.”
Anish Mackan, Technical Manager - Synergy Logistics
After evaluating the security, availability, reliability and service levels of the iland cloud, a relationship was established that has proven to be a strategic differentiator for the Snapfulfil application. Ranging from retail to manufacturers to third party logistics providers, Snapfulfil’s customers are benefiting from the on-demand flexibility, security and cost-effectiveness of the iland cloud.
Like many SaaS providers, Synergy Logistics were looking for some essential elements from a cloud provider that would help them to deliver ongoing value to their customers:
- Performance and availability – Synergy didn't want their customers to have to make any tradeoffs for the SaaS solution and the 100% availability SLA and on-demand scalability of the iland cloud enable them to deliver the service levels required.
- Cloud Security – to protect their customers, Synergy demands on-premise levels of security in the cloud and the iland ISO 27001 certifications, advanced security and guaranteed data sovereignty help meet the needs of customers in highly regulated industries.
- Cost effectiveness – a flexible, resource-based pricing structure enables Snapfulfil to expand their cloud resources as their customer needs grow – without having to over inviest in cloud capacity that could remain unused.
- Visibility and transparency- the iland cloud console gives Synergy the visibility and management control they need. And, the reporting capabilities are used to identify peaks and troughs in resource usage and relate that back to market trends.
Importantly, they wanted a true partnership with a cloud provider that could match the dedication Synergy has to delivering innovation and value to their SaaS customers. For Synergy, the cloud was more than an IT strategy, it was a key part of the strategic direction of the company and the partnership with iland supports that.
“More than a cloud provider, iland is a strategic partner who helps us innovate to satisfy our customers’ complex needs in the rapidly evolving logistics industry.”
- Tony Dobson, CEO - Synergy Logistics