- We completed iland’s trifecta of data protection – including disaster recovery and backup. Object as a long-term archive enables customers to protect their data in the right way based on its business value.
- We now enable our Veeam customers to utilize the full capabilities of the Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 4, specifically the new Scale-Out Backup Repository (SOBR) and manage DRaaS, BaaS, and Archive (Object) from a single console.
- Perhaps most importantly – we released a S3-compatible cloud storage service that is simple to use, price, and support. What do we mean by simple cloud storage?
- Pricing – Per GB pricing. No additional transaction fees or charges – no tiered-storage pricing, no region-specific pricing, and absolutely no transaction or egress pricing.
- Data durability – The more nines, the better. Three copies of the data ensures at least 99.9999%.
- Management – Common console for all iland services including DRaaS and BaaS.
- Security – Built into our Object service (and every other iland service)
- Compliance – Dedicated iland team ready and at your service
- Premium support – Included without exception
- Global locations – YES (see below)
Change Your Perspective of Simple: iland Object Storage
AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) was launched in March 2006. At the time, it easily earned its “simple” moniker in contrast to traditional storage systems that were complex in all the ways that frustrated IT teams. This included price haggling, complex delivery and deployment, and time-consuming management that never ended. Oh, and you needed a little thing called a data center to house your storage. Nothing was really simple about on-premises storage. AWS S3 changed all that. AWS S3 remained the king of simplicity for many years. In fact, to this day, S3 remains synonymous with cloud-based storage. But over time, customers have evolved and now realize that the criteria they once used to evaluate simplicity is no longer good enough. In this case, AWS became a textbook example of “toothpaste operations.” If you pushed down one issue (complexity), another would immediately pop up. AWS solved a lot of complexity with existing traditional storage, but it introduced new issues that IT managers weren’t ready for – like unpredictable pricing. The business world needs to change its perspective and demand better. iland Object Storage. Simple in 2019 terms. Earlier this year, we released our new iland Secure Cloud Object Storage Service. Immediately, we achieved several important goals: