A modern data management platform built on the iland Secure Cloud
Veeam continues to innovate and iterate, so that there is always value that benefits your backup performance and ultimately your business. With so many powerful capabilities, Veeam Availability Suite v10 continues to be the market leader offering a solution that is simple, flexible and reliable. iland and Veeam have been partnering for many years and will continue to collaborate to create secure cloud data protection and management solutions for customers.
Why is Data Protection so critical to your business?
Reliability, flexibility and data security are top reasons for pursuing more modern ways of managing the technology required by today’s businesses. In short, not only are new technologies available that eliminate the old inefficiencies of earlier generations, but the very nature of whether to own and operate technology directly or “outsource”, has opened up everyone’s eyes. From the C-suite on down and across business and technical teams, entirely different discussions are being had about choosing solutions and the best ways of implementing and operating in the cloud.
Data loss can be scary and has serious financial implications. Downtime can occur at any time. Something as small as an employee opening an infected email, or as significant as a natural disaster. Yet, 75% of small businesses have no disaster recovery plan objective in place. According to the 2019 Veeam Cloud Data Management Report that surveyed 1,575 senior business and IT decision makers worldwide, unplanned downtime remains a challenge. The results indicated:
- 73% of organizations are unable to meet users’ demands for uninterrupted access to applications and data
- Experienced (on average) 5 to 10 unplanned outages in the last 12 months, each lasting an average of 65 minutes
- Significant costs – on average, lost data from mission critical application downtime costs organizations $102,450 per hour
Backing up and securing your data and systems and having the capability to maintain business as usual in the face of a disaster is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity. Understanding how to put a disaster recovery plan in place is essential. Therefore, don’t become a disaster recovery statistic:
- 93% of companies without Disaster Recovery who suffer a major data disaster are out of business within one year.
- 96% of companies with a trusted backup and disaster recovery plan were able to survive ransomware attacks.
- More than 50% of companies experienced a downtime event in the past five years that was longer than a full workday.
The good news is that with adequate planning, you can minimize the costs regarding time and lost sales that are associated with disaster recovery.
All of these statistics lead us to believe that we need to continue to enable businesses with better data protection. The combination of iland and Veeam brings tremendous opportunities for greater efficiencies and reliability of your data protection ability. Benefits include:
- Minimizing the time and headcount required to manage and operationally support data backup and recovery environments
- Enabling more effective and rapid data backup and recovery efforts to reduce risk and associated costs
- Streamlining backup and disaster recovery operations now and in the future
- Reducing your security and compliance risks
- Providing the ability to monitor and budget for all of your BaaS and DRaaS cloud costs
All of these benefits free up significant time, staff, attention, and budgets allowing for more focus on your business.
By “buying back” time by improving and streamlining your backup and recovery capability, instead of being constantly distracted by emergencies and maintenance, existing staff can take the time to think strategically, and collaborate with business colleagues to focus on key business initiatives. With both iland and Veeam working together, you are well on your way to having a solid data protection and data management foundation that will benefit every aspect of your organization for today and the future.
For more information, please check out our recent panel cast with Veeam: The future of data protection is here: iland and Veeam v10